The Food Hygiene Rating Scheme and the impact of it on your business.
Ratings are typically given to places where food is supplied, sold or consumed, such as:
- restaurants, pubs and cafes
- takeaways, food vans and stalls
- canteens and hotels
- supermarkets and other food shops
- schools, hospitals and care homes
Ratings are a snapshot of the standards of food hygiene found at the time of inspection. It is the responsibility of the business to comply with food hygiene law at all times.
- cleanliness of facilities
- handling of food
- how food is stored
- how food is prepared
- how food safety is managed
At the inspection, the officer will check the following three elements:
- how hygienically the food is handled – how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored
- the physical condition of the business –including cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation, pest control and other facilities
- how the business manages ways of keeping food safe, looking at processes, training and systems to ensure good hygiene is maintained. The officer can then assess the level of confidence in standards being maintained in the future
How can we help?
We can supply and maintain washroom products and consumables to suit you and your business, covering anything from Air Fresheners, Washroom Dispensers, Sanitary Bins, Hand Dryers and even Vending Machines.
Get your business the rating it deserves today.